"Residency Application -
A Two-Stage Application Process"
All applications are submitted online through our eResidency portal. There is an application fee of S$100. Please make the checks payable to "MOH Holdings Pte Ltd".
As part of the requirement, you will need to enter the email addresses of 3 referees for graduating seniors and 4 referees for HOs/MOs. Details on referee eligibility are listed below. Kindly seek permission from your referee before you enter their details. The system will automatically generate an email to your referee requesting for him/her to fill up a confidential online evaluation form.
Applicants are allowed to apply to a maximum of 3 specialties if one of their choices includes a Clinician Scientist track. Otherwise, they are allowed a maximum of 2 clinical specialty tracks.
To participate in the Residency Application Exercise, you will first need to be offered employment by MOH Holdings.
All Final Year medical students, House Officers and Medical Officers will be eligible to apply for Phase I and II programmes. In addition, House officers and Medical Officers may also apply to the Surgical Sub-Specialties.
|Phase I & II Programmes (For Graduating Seniors/HO/MOs)|
|Internal Medicine||General Surgery||Emergency Medicine||Paediatrics||Preventive Medicine|
|Psychiatry||Anesthesiology||Diagnostic Radiology||Obstetrics and Gynecology||Ophthalmology|
|Orthopedic Surgery||Otorhinolaryngology||Pathology||Family Medicine|
|Surgical Sub-Specialties (For HO/MO only)|
|Neurosurgery||Urology||Cardiothoracic Surgery||Plastic Surgery||Hand Surgery|
1. To aid the residency selection, please furnish contact details for 4 referees. Referees must have either supervised , worked with you or have been your personal tutor for a minimum of 3 weeks. They would also need to fulfill at least one of the following requirements
Referees will be asked to assess various competencies and work attributes deemed important for a Resident that include but not limited to clinical skills.
Note for Local Graduates:
For graduating seniors from YLL-SOM and Duke-NUS GMS, one of the 4 referees will be the Dean of the respective medical schools who will submit their letters of reference directly to MOH/MOHH. Such applicants will only need to identify 3 referees.
1. Knowingly providing false information or a falsified reference may result in disqualification and removal from the Residency Programmes.
2. Please ensure that you have sought consent from your referees before appointing them. Kindly also obtain your referee’s preferred email address.
3. Once you enter the "referee information" fields through the application portal and click the “Submit Link” button, an email with a dynamic link will be sent to your referee’s email.
4. DO NOT cancel the referees once you have submitted their details without first obtaining their agreement. Please also ensure that all referee particulars are correct before you click the ‘Submit Link” button. Any cancellation will result in an automatically generated email being sent to the referee’s email informing them that they have been withdrawn as a referee.
After successful submission of your Residency portfolio, you will be invited to select your interview dates and time in a separate online exercise.
During the day of the interview, you will be required to complete a circuit of 4 interview stations, each lasting approximately 10 minutes. Candidates will be presented with a short case scenario for each station and allowed 2 minutes of reading time. The actual interview will last for about 8 minutes and the responses assessed on pre-determined domains that include but not limited to:
Please refer to the FAQ for further information.
After completion of the interviews,
Please note that candidate ranking is confidential and will not be made known to the Programme Directors. Any withdrawals from the Residency exercise from this point on will result in a candidate forfeiting his/her chance to participate in the next residency exercise.