CS residents who have gained SRC exemption to pursue the MCI programme are encouraged to apply for their Sponsoring Institutions’ (SI) internal grants to support their research projects. During their final research year prior to exit from CS Residency, 80% of work time (based on a minimum of 42 work hours per week) is protected for research activities, and the remaining 20% for clinical work. They will be allowed to extend beyond the 80% cap with the approval of the PD and their CS mentor.
All other requirements will remain similar to that of CS residents who have done the MCI programme.
For Preventive Medicine residents, they are encouraged to work towards entry into a recognised PhD programme in their senior residency years and apply for NRF-MOH Research Training scholarship. Residents who are unsuccessful in securing a PhD position will still be required to complete the additional year of research (i.e. one year longer than the standard PM track).